Nursery Manager – Cedar Springs Distribution Main Yard
Are you a person with a can-do attitude and enjoy working outside? We are looking for a results driven person who enjoys problem-solving that would like to grow with us! Our Nursery Manager is a critical member of our team and is the direct contact for our project teams working within the nursery. At Great Lakes, you’ll lead by example in running day-to-day operations while working as a team player to fill gaps as needed in order get the job done.
Responsible for the implementation of all nursery projects:
• Manage inbound truck unloading – facilitate the careful unloading of plant material off trucks and position them properly in the nursery. Tag, water, and perform quality checks.
• Plant Maintenance – Manage Watering, fertilizing, spraying, triming, weeding, and checking for proper spacing. Cover polyhouses in fall.
• Maintain infrastructure – Maintain and replace polyhouses as needed, create new holding yard space, maintain irrigation system, repair existing nursery structures and roads.
• Sales staff support – Answer product questions from sales staff, take photos, and perform inventory counts.
• Orchestrate the management of employee teams. keeping in mind what materials and amount of labor is required to accomplish projects. Reduce or increase labor help as needed.
• Monitor employees and their work performance. Hold them accountable and lead by example.
• Look for ways to increase productivity and efficiency within the nursery and shipping departments. Propose ideas or plans to put those ideas into action.
• Oversee the execution of necessary weekend work.
• Experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to adapt to frequent changes
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to create a positive teamwork environment
• Organized with the ability to multitask in a fast paced work environment
• Willing to get pesticide applicator license
• Experience in the green industry is a plus
• Attention to Detail
Company Culture and Benefits
• Customer Service
Provide great products and service while building strong relationships with customers, vendors, and employees.
• Health insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Matching 401 (k) plan
• Paid time off for vacation and holidays
• Advancement opportunities
• Ability to purchase products at company wholesale pricing Schedule
• Full-time position. M-F with some weekend work during the busy season.
• Overtime is paid after 40 hours per week.
Ready to Join Our Team?
Choose how you would like to apply:
• Click the button below to access our application.
• Complete the application and email it
(along with your resume and cover letter) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Stop into our main office at 15200 Cedar Springs Ave, Cedar Springs to complete an application.
• Be sure to bring a copy of your resume and cover letter.