The Mowing Foreman is responsible for the completion of daily lawn mowing routes for residential and commercial lawn maintenance sites. The Foreman is also responsible for providing guidance to mowing technicians, and leading projects or assignments.
COMPANY CORE VALUES
- Possess and demonstrate a strong Work Ethic
- Always have Positive Attitude and promote a positive work environment
- Ensure you and the people around you are providing their best Quality of Work
- Hold your Team and Self Accountable for the work performed
- Operates a variety of mowing equipment to mow customer’s lawns in an organized and efficient manner according to company specification for cut and height.
- Trims and/or shapes lawn edges using weed whip or stick edger.
- Learns and independently follows the weekly or bi-weekly mowing route.
- Clears and finishes work area. Operates other outdoor power equipment, such as leaf blowers, to complete job.
- Directs activities on the job site. Provides on-the-job training to new and developing crew members.
- Communicates production goals and/or work specifications to crew members.
- Conducts job site safety training for crew members, assuring all safety procedures are followed.
- May drive company vehicle with trailer attached.
- Interacts respectfully with clients on-site as needed. Resolves issues or escalates to manager.
- Flexes work schedule as business demands.
- Follows all safety, PPE, tool care, and housekeeping protocols.
- Fills snow removal position during snow season and perform all associated duties.
- Reports to work on time each day, identifies and suggests job improvements, and strives for quality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Two years of mowing or landscape maintenance experience.
- One year of leadership experience preferred.
- Valid Chauffeur License with clean record. CDL is preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- While performing the duties of this job, the position is regularly exposed to outdoor environmental conditions including extreme heat conditions. Heavy lifting and bending may be required.
- Employee may be required to walk for long stretches of time. Bending, reaching and carrying tools or other items may be required.
- Must be able to lift and move minimum of 50 pounds unassisted, including machinery such as lawn mowers and other power equipment.