The Irrigation Installation Technician is responsible for assisting in the installation of commercial and residential sprinkler systems.
- Install and test irrigation equipment including sprinklers, pumps, water lines, and suction valves using hand tools.
- Installs irrigation controllers for water timers.
- Operates tractors and trenchers to install lines.
- Flexes work schedule as business demands.
- Follows all safety and housekeeping protocols.
- Fills snow removal position during snow season and perform all associated duties.
- Reports to work on time each day, identifies and suggests job improvements, and strives for quality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- 1-2 years’ experience with irrigation system installation preferred
- Reliable transportation
- Valid driver license with clean record. Chauffeur license is preferred.
- Strong communication skills
- Report to work on time each day, strive to improve you job and safety skills, and motivate your crew to get jobs done quickly and have great attention to quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- While performing the duties of this job, the position is regularly exposed to outdoor environmental conditions including extreme hot and cold conditions.
- Heavy lifting, bending and crawling may be required.
- Employee will be required to walk for long stretches of time.
- Employee should be able to lift 50 pounds and dig when necessary.