Job Openings at the AGRLP Members Companies
Tree Crew Foreman (SIGN-ON BONUS)
Integrity Tree Services – Grand Rapids, MI
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 – $26.00 per hour
Our team is working – across West Michigan – to keep power lines and roads clear during this unique time. We are an essential service, dedicated and at-the-ready. Are you interested in finding a great role as a Foreman to help lead a crew of Tree Workers? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Along with a pay rate of up to $25.00/hour for Foremen, we will also be offering a sign-on bonus for local workers who live within 60 miles of Grand Rapids! This includes up to $1,500 for Trimmer-Cs and $2,500 for Trimmer-As and above (minimum of 2 years tree industry experience)!
How are we different from all the other tree service providers in the industry? In short, Integrity Tree Services will hold your safety and the safety of your comrades first and foremost as well as the security of your loved ones by offering very competitive pay, awesome benefits, and the opportunity to climb the career tree.
If you’re looking for a culture where you’re respected, challenged, and act as part of a team, then come join us! Integrity Tree Services is proud to offer a professional work environment.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER YOU:
- Very competitive, weekly pay;
- Great career advancement opportunities!
- Paid holidays and vacation;
- 100% company paid premiums for life and disability insurance;
- Your choice of 3 different health insurance plans that best fit your needs;
- Retirement savings matching;
- Profit sharing bonuses;
- Travel pay including per diem, mileage, and we book and pay for hotels!
- Company vehicles (dependent on position)
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- As a Foreman, you will help lead a crew of 1-2 tree workers on a daily basis. Work involves responsibility for supervising, assigning and participating in a variety of tasks, often hazardous, including pruning, caring for, felling, spraying, planting and removing rural, urban, residential and municipal trees.
- A team member in this class is responsible for all record keeping necessary for the evaluation of subordinate team members and proper administrative reporting of crew activities.
- Assignments are received verbally or in the form of work orders and carry relatively detailed instructions regarding the work to be performed. The work is inspected in progress and is subject to final review by a supervisor or utility forester for conformance with instructions.
- Supervision is exercised over subordinate arborists and lower level team members engaged in tree clearing & maintenance work.
- Readily accept accountability for crew availability, as well as assist in on-the-job training for less experienced climbers and bucket operators.
- Possess and utilize sufficient communication skills to ensure that crew members have proper understanding of work directives and the ability to effectively communicate with our customers/property owners about work practices to obtain their concurrence with the necessary work.
- We have steady, year-round career opportunities serving our utility clients throughout the Midwest (MI, IN, OH) and Southeast (WV, VA) regions of the U.S.
- Must have 2 or more years of professional experience managing documentation, processes, and people within tree service industry.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class A Restricted. Check your local BMV for details.
- Commerical Applicators (spray herbicide/pesticide) license preferred.
- Have a thorough knowledge of proper pruning techniques (natural and directional pruning).
- Operation of specialized tree care equipment; and some experience supervising a work crew; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the desirable knowledge, abilities and skills.
- Have a broad knowledge of all climbing skills and all other technical aspects (mechanical and manual) of electrical line clearance operations.
- A Foreman will obtain or possess considerable knowledge of tree care and the methods, techniques and specialized equipment used in the pruning, spraying, planting and removal of trees.
- Must be able to work at various heights and on uneven and slippery surfaces performing mentally/physically demanding work under unfavorable weather conditions while handling equipment or material.
- Must be able to lift, move, and maneuver up to 30-50 pounds on a frequent basis and heavy weights up to 100 pounds on an infrequent basis.
- Must have the endurance necessary to perform duties throughout a standard eight to twelve-hour day.
- Must be available for overnight travel on a weekly basis to work in multiple states. We pay hotel + per diem + mileage.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with good driving record (approved by our insurance company) and reliable transportation to report to varying work sites.
- Must have a minimum of High School diploma or GED.
- Successful completion of pre-employment screens including urinalysis, motor vehicle record, DOT physical & lift test, and criminal background.
Read more about our company, culture, career opportunities and full job descriptions at INTEGRITYTREE.CAREERS or use the “Apply Now” feature.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Learn more about Integrity Tree Services here: https://www.flipsnack.com/integritytree/its-candidate-information.html